The International Association of Certified Valuation Specialists
What is ICVS Credential?
ICVS (International Certified Valuation Specialist) – a statement to client that you have completed professional and systematic training in business valuation. It is also an attestation that you meet the international requirements for competency and professionalism in business valuation.
ICVS designees can be engaged in the following services:
Serving locally for overseas enterprises by providing consultation and valuation for their international mergers and acquisitions.
Pricing and valuing foreign trades and overseas listings, and issuance of relevant reports recognized by local regulators.
Providing valuations for the preparation of financial statements (especially purchase price allocation in cross-border M&A and annual impairment testing of goodwill).
Valuations in transnational economic disputes.
Higher earnings potential.
Recognition by industry and government bodies for your professional ability.
To qualify for the ICVS, the applicant - at a minimum - must:
1) Have a college degree from an accredited university, or have been granted a recognized finance related credential (such as the CFA, CMA, CPA, CA or CGA), and can be able to demonstrate substantial experience in investment or business valuation; Demonstration of “substantial” experience means:
2) Be a member in good standing of an IACVS Charter (at or prior to taking the examination);
3) It is required under international standards that core training be completed by each Member who seeks ICVS certification. Candidates who seek waiver of this requirement must make their request in writing and have completed significant work experience in the field of business valuation (10,000 hours or more);
4) Submit three personal and three business references;
5) Successfully complete a comprehensive examination on valuation concepts. Part I is five-hours of multiple choice questions designed to test participants on valuation theory and concepts. Part II is the demonstration of experience and can be met in a number of ways:
I am (please check one)
Payment Link http://www.iacvabookstore.org/renew/renew-iacvs-membership
IACVS Associate Membership Application Form.pdf
IACVS BVTC Self study Form.pdf